How You Can Help
We hope you want to become an adoptive parent. But even if you decide that adoption is not for you, you can still be part of the partnership to find loving homes for our foster children. Here are some suggestions for how you can help.
You can help in a variety of ways:
- Distribute Explore Adoption recruitment materials.
- Arrange for an adoption specialist from your local Community Based Care agency to speak at your place of worship, civic group or parent/teacher organization.
- Tell other people about adoption and the needs of special children. Donate your time, talents or skills to work on this effort.
- Encourage your employer to become a Partner for Adoption by promoting adoption in other ways. Share information on adoption with a company that might want to help.
- Conduct fund-raising events to help with the extracurricular needs of children in foster homes and shelters. These needs include special tutors, camps, sports and music and art lessons.
The decision to adopt requires thoughtful consideration and communication with your family. By discussing adoption with people you know, you may help them to realize that they want to give a child the chance to be part of a forever home. So join your friends and neighbors in the partnership to match children with families. You can make the difference by opening your heart to Florida's foster children.
If you have suggestions or questions, or if you want to volunteer, please contact us at1-800-96ADOPT (1-800-962-3678).
© Copyright Florida's Adoption Information Center